Saturday, June 13, 2009

On the upswing...

Life has definitely improved since my last post. I finally landed a contract to hire job with Parsons through Volt. Parsons is one of the top 150 private companies in the U.S. and from what I understand, I'll be on with them full time after 90 days of contracting. Check them out at www.parsons.com. I'm doing deskside computer support for them covering both Utah Offices, South Jordan and SLC, and backing up other states when the technicians for those states are out, which includes Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona. The pay rate was almost exactly what I was looking for and it's the type of work I was looking for, so in this economy I feel very blessed to have found this opportunity. I've been there two weeks so far and am really enjoying getting to know the people there, even though trying to learn everything can be overwhelming at times. Transitioning to a new job is always a pain, but so far everyone has been very helpful and there are multiple avenues of help available so it's going better than I expected. It's just nice to have some dignity and pride again and have the means to provide for my baby and have a real life again.

I'm back in school at the U and am taking supposedly "harder"upper division classes although I have to say that they're easier than what I had at SLCC last semester so far (about a month in). That is certainly not a complaint in any way, shape, or form. It's a good thing too since I was so not ready to be back in school during the summer after only a two week break. And it showed in my doing the bare minimum so far homework wise and procrastinating as much as possible. I'm only a junior now and at this point I just want to get it done, but it may be a while if I keep getting these urges to take breaks :)

I really missed my baby on Mother's Day, but know it was the right thing for her to be with Mom on that day and we really had a great Mother's Day here. It felt really good to serve my Mom, Grandma, and Sister dinner and take care of them for a day the way they take care of us all the time. I was just really full of gratitude for all of the females in my life on that day, mother and non-mother alike, even for my ex who does a fabulous job of caring for my precious angel. It was probably the best Mother's Day I've had and I hope all the females I know understand how grateful I am for you and for your support of me. I couldn't have made it through life without all of you so thank you!

Last but not least, the dating world continues to be an enigma that I have yet to solve. I will say that it has definitely taken some interesting turns, but ultimately not a ton of progress has been made towards something more permanent (yet). I have questioned whether I even want that again though and I go back and forth all the time. Sometimes it's unbearable to be alone, while other times the frustration of trying to deal with other people makes me not want to do it anymore. I really can't say I'm leaning one way or the other right now, although knowing myself like I do, chances are I won't be able to stay away from a relationship for very long. Let's just hope I can stay sane in the process...

No comments: